Food vs. exercise

I read a lot of articles about how you can exercise and loose weight... well yes you can but you have to do 7000-7500 kcals to loose 1 kilo. I mean... that's too much.

If the goal is to loose weight then it's 90% the food and 10% your exercise - so that's something to Think about if you're frustrated about not loosing any weight even though you're training.

My diabetes is still perfect from counting calories and I couldn't be happier. I really should send in an HbA1c just to see the real differense. I'm expecting it to be grand so I really hope that it is but you never know until you get the results. Maybe I'll try and send it in on monday och tuesday.

My weight have been still for a few weeks now and it's been frustrating for me as well but now it has started to move again. We've had a couple of weeks with sick kids, being sick our selfs and all routines you get from being at work just went out the window. But... three days back at work and it all seemed to be mending again.

But it just showes how fragile the system is and since I'm still on the mend from being burnt out/depressed/anxious I'm quick on feeling hopeless when it happens. Probably feeling sorry for myself as well and that is never good. Eating for comfort is common and it's a bad way to reward yourself for feeling sad.

Luckily all those feelings went away when the routines settled again. Fragile... I really hope as I get more and more back to myself that I will have better resistance with those feelings but I do realise that having gone through what we've gone through and living the life that we now live, with a special needs child, changes you forever. In some ways for the worse and in other ways for the better - but we are changed.

I love my kids so much and even though we have hard times I try to draw strength from our familys love for each other. Love conquers all... ;)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ärtsoppa & diabetes

Thai-mat & diabetes

Alla dessa pennor