Typical healthy day

So while I'm doing this counting calories I've changed some things during my day but I still eat a lot of the same things just smaller portions. While I'm trying to loose weight I'm set to eat 1300 kcal per day but when I've reached my goal weight I will probably be able to eat 1500-1600 kcal per day - that's a 100 more kcal per meal.

Due to my insulin resistance in the morning my breakfast is very low carb or no carb at all. Well this is how my food is planned.

Breakfast - 325 kcal:

2 boiled eggs or a protein shake/pudding.

Lunch - 390 kcal:

Soop of some kind and one slice of bread with two slices of cheese (no butter) is a good lunch.

Dinner - 390 kcal:

Something more sturdy then lunch just to keep the blood sugar level for some excercize.

Swedish fika ;) - 195 kcal:

So breakfast is set at 325 kcal however I never reach that level and really with diabetes you need some "extra" calories during the day for snacks, soop lunches saves calories as well. At work I usually eat some high fiber hard bread with a light cream cheese topping or some fruits, like satsumas, that are low calories. I usually need to eat something before bedtime/after the gym for 100-200 kcal.


On further notice lemon/lime/ginger can help keep the hunger feelings down. It's better to focus on low calorie products while making food cause then you often can eat more. We do meal preps on sundays and that has been crucial for me. Every day after picking up the kids at daycare our dinner is already done and I just need to heat it up and my portions are already measured so I already know how many calories I'm eating. While we're making the food I'm putting in the recepies in my app and then it's much easier to prepare my meals.

I've been recommended exercise at least 30 minutes per day but I go to the gym 3-4 times per week and try to go out for a walk for at least 30 minutes the other days. Some days at the gym I need to exceed my 1300 kcals but that comes with the diabetes and you really can't get around that and shouldn't do that cause keeping your diabetes safe is the most important.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Ärtsoppa & diabetes

Thai-mat & diabetes

Alla dessa pennor