Counting calories

I never thought I would EVER do that but now I am.

I've tried many different things but nothing has ever really worked and this way I can still eat things I love - I just have to calculate everything. Although right now pizza and chips are out of the question! Hahaha... I love salty so for me that's a big sacrifice but in the end I know I'll feel better.

My diabetes is actually feeling excellent. I now take the same doses as I did 15 years ago when I first got my diagnosis! It's truly amazing.

I try to exercise 4 times a week for at least 30 minutes and I'm focusing on cardio. And surprisingly it's going okay even though I don't eat as much and I don't have as many calories to play with in case I get a low blood sugar.

The most eye opening thing about this experience is to learn how much more than I need that I've been eating! OMG!!! Now I eat about half the portions I did before so it's no wonder I didn't loose any weight. When I have reached my goal I will eat more but still not as much as I did before.

I have an app to help me keep track and now it's on "my goal"-mode but when I've reached that I can change it to "keep the weight"-mode until I've learned how much I can eat. Cause I want to keep this going - not just for the weight but mostly for my diabetes.

I didn't ever think that it would be possible to take this small amount of insulin again and I definetly didn't ever think I could ever eat a meal without having to take any insulin at all - but for some suppers I can do that depending on my exersice.

Anyways... to me it is truly amazing that I got this result for my diabetes from my changes. Often I'm not that good of a friend with my diabetes but now we're like besties.

And also, before I had bad insulin resistence in the morning and started every day with a shot and then I needed another shot after breakfast - but no more. I only need a very small amount of insulin in the morning and it covers my breakfast as well. I take less than half my old dose, for every meal, but I do eat very low carb in the morning and more carbs later in the day.

Well, well to be continued but it's all on a good note and with happy tunes.

Comments

  1. Ꭺppreciate the recommendation. Will try it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, I enjoy reading all of your post. I wanted to write a little comment
    to support you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty! This has been an incredibly wonderful article. Many thanks for providing this info.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Greetings! Very helpful advice within this post! It is the little chanhes tht make thee biggest changes.
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Ärtsoppa & diabetes

Thai-mat & diabetes

Alla dessa pennor